BURNS NIGHT, 2023 ...

BURNS NIGHT, 2023 ...

For Tom and Joan

 









Tom and Joan were celebrating ...
With bagpipes, and a silvery moon😉 ...

The night of Rabbie Burns, the poet ...
Said Tom: "Oh, Joan, they're playing our toon"...😉

"Joan, my love, you look amazing ...
You look but twenty-two" ...

"Well, aye ..." said Joan, "That's quite right ...
Give or take ...😉 a year - or two ..."

Said Tom, "You're looking fab ...
Fair, fine and frisky ...

Is it the haggis?
Or maybe the neeps🤔?

Or, possibly ... 
The whisky ...🙃?"

Said Joan, "And, Tom ...You look so handsome ...
In that mini-kilt ...

You're like a young Adonis ...
The way your body's built" ...

Joan was in a devil-may-care mood ...
Bagpipes and haggis😉 had gone to her head ...

"Oh, Tom, shall we go - to San Francisco??
Let's go ... let's go now", she said.

Tom pensively gazed at the ocean ...
"Och, that would be really fine ...

But I cannae, I really cannae ...
They don't have Ballantine's ..."

And so we leave our happy pair ...
Celebrating a Scottish great ...

My inspiration's expired😉 but, more than that ...
I'm hungry ... and my lunch can't wait ...🙃

HAPPY BURNS NIGHT! đŸ´ó §ó ˘ó łó Łó ´ó ż

Ffion