22nd april INTERNATIONAL EARTH DAY 2024

INTERNATIONAL EARTH DAY 2024

GAIA CRIES ...

Dedicated To The True Guardians Of The Earth















Indigenous peoples everywhere
Lived in harmony with the earth.

She nourished them; she nurtured them,
In death, through life, at birth.

For them, the earth was sacred -
Gaia Goddess; Earth as Mother.

She supported, she sustained them.
They depended on each other.

Then, came men from the Old World,
Their eyes, a-fire with greed.

"I see ... I like ... I want ...
I TAKE! ...  MUST HAVE! ... I NEED! ..."

Millennia of mindful care,
Roughly brushed away.

Took just a couple of centuries - 
Give or take a day.

"We came ... we saw ... we conquered ...
"We trash - because we can ...."

I shake my head in disbelief,
Cry tears of anger and of grief.....

"We trash - because we can  ...?"

Well ...

"What a piece of work is man"😢.....

Ffion