WHEN ROGER MET KATHY ...

WHEN ROGER MET KATHY

A West Indian Love Story......











When Cap’n Roger spied the West Indies,
His eye-glass clamped to his eye.

He was hoping to salve a broken heart,
But was brave, trying not to cry.

When he disembarked, he was welcomed
By the Governor and Belles of the Isle.

“Hmm”, he thought, “this is nice.
I think I might bide for a while”.

A tanned man, in white uniform,
Is always an object of desire😉.

When Kathy saw him, she knew at once
That he’d set her heart on fire.

When Roger saw Kathy, across the room,
With her skin of honey-gold ...

And her slim, slight delicate figure…
Ah ... a love-story that had to be told.

So love bloomed, when Roger met Kathy,
And he knew his fate was sealed.

“Kathy”, he said, “I was sore of heart,
But, now I’ve seen you, I’m healed”.

On a sailing-boat, one day, he said:
“Kathy, would you like to see Wales?”

“Oh, yes”, said Kathy, “I love them so much.”
So Roger set the sails.

They sailed away, for a night and a day *
And, finally, spied land, green and long.

“Where are whales?” asked Kathy, bemusedly.
“This is Wales”, said Roger, “my Land of Song”.

Kathy now lives in Somerset
And, from her garden-deck ...

She can see the distant hills of Wales
And her beloved canal – the Mon. and Brec.!

(* or possibly longer….poetic licence!!)

Ffion