INSTRUCTIONS TO SELF IN EVENT OF A VISIT

INSTRUCTIONS TO SELF  IN EVENT OF A VISIT

For Pam, My M.E. Friend in Georgia








Friend coming by,
Keep eyes dry,
Try not to cry.

Deep breathe,
Make believe,
I don’t grieve.

Be sweet,
Upbeat.
If need be,
Cheat...

Charm,
Disarm,
Keeping calm.

Smile,
Beguile,
For a while ….

Be bright,
Be light,
Hold on tight!

Heart-rate rise,
(Surprise! Surprise!)
Can't disguise.

Heart pounds,
Alarm-bell sounds,
Can't hold ground.

Temperature-rise,
My brain "fries",
Pain behind eyes.

Begin to feel
Unwell, unreal,
About to keel….

No more talk,
Stagger, don't walk,
Body now balks.

Bye, my friend,
See you again.
Not sure when ….

Climb stairs,
Holding fast.

Lie down,
At last, at last….

Wait, wait,
Till pain past…

Then....
Collapse,
Saddened,
On bed.

Million thoughts
Milling
In head.

Main one?
You can take
As read:

“I hate ME and FM!”
Enough said….

Ffion