TO DAVID, MY DENTIST

TO DAVID, MY DENTIST



Life blighted by ME and Fibromyalgia,
A dental trip is now so traumatic.
I look back with longing, and much nostalgia,
To when the dentist was nothing dramatic.

Now, I dread the drillin’, I fear the fillin’,
If I need something doin’, please first pop a pill in!
I used to be good, compliant and willin’,
Honestly, just ask Kym and Gilli’n….!**

Muscles despise it, they scream blue murder,
Bones and joints hate it, they ache and pout.
For days thereafter, I’m stuck in purdah,
Lying on bed, not going out.

I thank my lucky stars every day,
That I have a dentist, understanding and kind.
So, David Dentist, I just want to say
“Thank you, for keeping my illnesses in mind..”

(**Kym and Gillian, dental nurses, who knew me when I was fighting fit!!)

Ffion