REDWOOD - RE-VISITED (IN MIND'S EYE) ...

REDWOOD - RE-VISITED (IN MIND'S EYE) ...

For All My Dear M.E. Friends

REDWOOD ...


 
I wish that I were able ...
To re-visit "my" redwood tree ...

Magnificent ...
Majestic ...
Stable ...

And very precious to me...

Pre-COVID vaccine, I could visit ...
I loved that little walk ...

But now, that walk's impossible ...
Body, brain and muscles balk ...

Although
It couldn’t compare ...

To Californian cousins
In length ...

To me, it was
A talisman ...

And, from it ...
I sought strength.

It has survived ...
Endured ...
And flourished ...

So far from where
It used to be ...

And, from it ...
I took
Courage ...

Implored
Its power

To pour
O’er me ...

I know it's there ...
Waiting for me ...

Stately ...
Steadfast ...
Tall ...

And, as we M.E. know so well ...

Steadfastness is all ... 


Ffion