SPOON-ING ....

 SPOON-ING ...

Dedicated To All My Dear Friends, Especially Those Living With M.E., F.M. And Other Chronic Illnesses












My spoons today are full of holes ....
Like cookery ones for straining ....

So, really, hardly spoons at all ....
And, yes, I AM complaining!

I used to have a full canteen ....
But not for many a year ....

I can just about remember .....
Though memory's not that clear ....

What would I do with a full canteen?
Let alone, with a fork and a knife?!

Oh, that's so easy ....
I don't have to think ....

I'd grip, and grab, and grasp ....
A full life.

Ffion

"The Spoon Theory", a personal story by Christine Miserandino, is popular among many people dealing with chronic illness. It describes perfectly this idea of limited energy, using “spoons” as a unit of energy.