SONNET ...

SONNET ...

For All My Dear Friends, But Especially Lee And Jean

I, Unthinkingly, Said, In A Previous Poem, That I Was "Off To Write A Sonnet"...  
So, To All My Dear Friends ... Especially Lee and Jean, Who Are Holding Me To It!!













Foolishly😶, I said I'd write a sonnet ...
But, after much reflection, I thought: "No" ...

I thought alot about, around, and on it ...
But the sonnet-form's restricted - too much so ...

I much prefer to write poems, as they come ...
Without thinking anything about 'em ...

For me, that way is really much more fun ...
Follow rules?😵  Mais non.... I prefer to flout 'em😉.

Restricted forms take discipline😶 ...  That's not me😉 ...
I prefer poems to grow, and flow, and go ...

I prefer to let a poem: "Just "be" ...
Think about it?🤔 No, no, no, no, no🙃 ...

I'm sorry that this sonnet's SO disjointed ...
I do so hope you're not TOO disappointed🙂 ...

Ffion