FOR JEAN







Jean's a very old friend...
I don't mean in years -
I wouldn't be so bold,
It might end in tears!

We've had a long friendship,
In years, circa thirty.
I suppose one might say,
We bonded over Qwerty.

We used to work together
And got on really well,
Whilst complaining, of course,
That: “Oh, work is hell”!

On the same wavelength
For Poetry and Lit.
And our sense of humour
Was a very good fit.

We used to meet for lunch,
A roll and a chatter,
Discussing many things –
Of import and of matter.

Lunch was always pleasant,
Despite unseemly scuffles,
Over ownership and sharing 
Of delicious Raspberry Ruffles!

And then Jean left me
And went to live in Devon,
And I stayed in Wales,
My little piece of heaven.

And, though, our paths diverged,
We still kept in touch,
Even if, sometimes,
It wasn't very much.

So, for the sake of friendship,
And not just of rhyme,
I do hope that we can
Get together sometime?


Ffion