ROCK-FALL

To My Husband










My steadfast rock crumbled this week -
To a vicious, viral bug.
“Keep away from me, Ffion”, he says,
Though I want to give him a hug.

His throat is raw and sore,
Thirst needs constant slaking,
Absolutely felled by fatigue,
Muscles stiff and aching.

He’s in my world – ME World -
But only for a week or two.
“Imagine this every day”, I say.
“How would you live?
What would you do??”

“I can’t imagine”, he says,
“But, thank goodness, I don’t need to.
I don’t know how you do it,
Going through what you go through”.

For my part, while he’s been ill,
I have felt so very alone.
Although he was here,
He was mostly sleeping,
So I was effectively on my own.

And this made me appreciate anew,
That, to have someone there for me,
Is a blessing, a bonus and a boon,
For, without him, where would I be??

THANK YOU

Ffion