TO MY FAMILY



“A beautiful quality of friendship is
To understand and to be understood”.
So said Seneca, aeons ago -
His philosophical maxim still holds good.

My family is small in number,
But they support me to the hilt.
Each and every single time
My life gives another twist and tilt.

Another week….. another trauma....
“I thought we already had the full set??!”
Well, it would appear – emphatically not,
Are more to come??  Oh yes ... you bet!!

Although we’ve had so many traumas,
It doesn’t mean they now end - there.
Despite its being “Unjust, unfair..
Look, we've had more than our fair share!!"

Emotionally-wrung by another lately,
Trying to hold up amid angst and pain,
I take comfort from my family’s presence,
And knowing I don’t have to explain.

So, please, be grateful if you have good family,
Ensure you always cherish and care.
Because you know you’ll always need them,
Because you know they’ll always be there.

Ffion