LOCKDOWN LIFE .... 1

LOCKDOWN LIFE ... 1

"Hair Today......"

For Nina


Though "sheltering in place" or "locked-down",
I'm training for a new profession.

I say "training", but it's hardly arduous!
Let me, first of all, make that confession!

Though most things have ground to a shuddering halt,
I'm afraid that part of me keeps on going.

I'm sorry, but it's really not my fault.....
It's my hair!  It just keeps on, keeping on growing!!

"So, which profession??", I hear you ask.
"Will it pay well??  Will it be fun??"

"Absolutely!", I say.... "Rapunzel"!!
Albeit a somewhat senior one!!

I don't mind having a lot of hair.
I need it, because I am tall.

But, at this rate, the prospect is daunting...
It'll be seven-feet long by fall!

My hair is a day's activity.
Hard work - washing, rinsing and drying.

But it's so nice to have squeaky-clean hair.....
Although, there are times when you'll hear me sighing!

"But, Ffion, you ARE your hair!"
When I was well, my friends would say.

But that was many moons ago,
Way, way, way - back in the day!

And now, I think, my feeling is
My hair is the last bit left of me.

My "me" has been taken over
By the dire and dreaded disease, ME.

So, in future, I guess I'll keep it long,
Tho' not quite as long as now!

And, when the time comes, I'll welcome Nina...
I certainly will.... And how!!

I know that Nina will come when she can.
Will be lovely to see her; we'll chat, we'll have fun....

But, taking account of her likely backlog,
It probably won't be 'til 2021!

When things are returned to normal,
I'll call her - I know she'll be there.

I'll ask her to come with her magic scissors....
And I'll stand at my window....
And just let down my hair!

Ffion