M.E. IS AN OCEAN....

M.E. IS AN OCEAN.... 

Dedicated To All My Dear M.E. Friends












M.E. is an ocean, raging and roaring,
Its destructiveness quite horrific -

Wreaking and roiling, wrecking and rolling,
Not peaceful, not calm, and never pacific.

Some days, we try to paddle in shallows,
But, most days, we're much more likely to drown.

We try to float, or maybe tread water ....
But, whatever we do, we MUST not look down.

Riptides and currents appear without warning.
Storms spring up, with no discernible cause.

Jettisoned... flung ... like flotsam and jetsam,
Helpless, in the merciless ocean's jaws.

Continual churn and constant commotion,
Engender extremes of every emotion.

We want to live well, in health and in peace,
Blessed - not buffeted! - by calm ocean breeze.

And, I can't help but wonder .. Will I have normal days,
When I can live life, as I'd like, to the full?

Or will, every day, be a partial existence?
I feel Life's under-tow ..... I feel its pull.

Ffion