2020 VISION

2020 VISION

Dedicated To All My Dear M.E. Friends


 











20/20 vision is ...
Something to which we aspire ...

But ...

Our 2020 vision was
Apocalyptic ...
Dire ...

Global COVID pandemic ...
Defining icon of year ....

So many emotions 
Around health generated ...

Panic ...
Anxiety ...
Fear ... 

Sadness, when separated ...
Trauma, when isolated ....

Great concern for mental health ....

But, may I say ...
Somewhat belated!

We ME people are very used
To living with emotional fears ....

After all, we've had so much practice ....
Alone, on our own, for so many years!!

As life begins to "normalise" ...
Were any lessons learnt?

I'd like to think they were ...
But I suspect that many weren't ...

Are people more understanding
Of a life lived largely inside??

More sympathetic?  
More empathetic??

Hmmm....

I'll leave that to you to decide!!

Ffion