BREAKDOWN?? STILL BROKEN DOWN!! .....

 

BREAKDOWN

Dedicated To All My Dear M.E Friends


I'm broken down, at the side of the road,
While mechanics meander by.

They tut a lot and mutter,
Or scratch their chins and sigh.

Some say: “It's the wiring”.
Some say: “Diesel bug....”.

Some say: “ No... distributor”.
Some say: “Needs a tug”.

Some say: "Shock absorbers.....
Have you had a shock?”

Some say: "Perhaps it's wear and tear.
How many miles on the clock??”

I was always turbo-charged,
Could go until I dropped.

Now I can't get going
For, when I do, I'm stopped.

I was able to go for miles,
On very little fuel.

As economical to run,
As a frugal little mule!

Always in excellent condition,
In all modesty, that's a fact.

My alloy wheels were gleaming,
And my chassis was intact.

I used to be all-terrain,
Working, utility and fun.

Now my powerful engine's rusty,
And my chrome trim's all undone.

My upholstery has broken springs,
My glossy paint-work's shabby.

My exhaust is totally exhausted!
I'm no better than a Trabi!

So, while everyone else is driving by,
I'm collapsed by the side of the road.

Waiting for the recovery-truck,
To be, ignominiously, towed.
(Originally published March, 2018)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

STILL BROKEN DOWN ...!!

Updated June 2021

Several years on, and still broken down ...
Will recovery-truck EVER arrive??

These endless delays are so enervating ...
I'd like to live! .... whilst I'm still alive! .....

Ffion