IT'S A TOUGH JOB.... BUT SOMEONE HAS TO DO IT ...!

IT'S A TOUGH JOB ... BUT SOMEONE HAS TO DO IT ...!

To All My Dear Friends

Spoiler Alert .... Long Poem... "Are you sitting comfortably??  Then I'll begin...."!!


 







I've been taking my life in my hands!๐Ÿ˜ต
Yes! Every single day! ...

"Goodness me!  What doing?" ...
I can hear you say๐Ÿ˜‰ ...

I've been making cards for Christmas!
A gentle occupation, you'd think ...

But, actually, it's PERILOUS!
I've (almost๐Ÿ˜‰) been driven to drink! (I wish๐Ÿ˜...)

Under constant attack by inanimate objects ...
They ambush me  .... all the time!

Come and sit down.... I'll explain it all ....
Even better .... I'll put it in rhyme๐Ÿ˜‰ ...

๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ…๐Ÿผ☃️๐Ÿง๐Ÿป‍❄️๐ŸŽ❄️๐Ÿ””๐Ÿ‘‘๐Ÿ‘‘๐Ÿ‘‘๐Ÿงฃ๐Ÿงค


I've been intimidated by icicles ...
Spearing my head, on the stair ...

Pounced on by portly polar-bears๐Ÿป‍❄️ ...
I didn't even know they were there! ...

Pummelled by playful penguins๐Ÿง ...
Prancing around in the snow ...

But, wait ... I thought they were SOUTH Pole??๐Ÿค”
Ah ... shows how much I know?!!๐Ÿ˜‰?!! ...

Deafened by bells๐Ÿ””, a-janglin'  ...
Ohhhh, that incessant ringing๐Ÿ˜ต ...

Deafened by carollers ... a-carollin' ...
Ohhh, that incessant singing๐Ÿ˜ณ ...

Multitudes of Santas๐ŸŽ…๐Ÿผ en masse ... 
Are maddeningly manic ...

Not to mention ... runaway sleighs๐Ÿ˜ต?  
Which cause instantaneous panic๐Ÿ˜ต! ...

Threatened by the Three Kings๐Ÿ‘‘๐Ÿ‘‘๐Ÿ‘‘
"Will you just G.E.T๐Ÿ˜‰out of our way!

We're trying to get to Bethlehem ... 
We really don't have all day!"

Run down by rampaging reindeer ...
Who always travel in herds ...

Rousted and routed by robins ...
Those boisterous little birds ...

Endlessly showered with snow-flakes❄️ ...
Escaping from snow-covered trees๐ŸŒฒ ...

Which dip, and sway, and wibble, and wobble ...
In the merest hint of a breeze ...

Surrounded, and set on, by snowmen☃️ ...
Demanding carrots for noses ...

And hats, and scarves and woolly gloves .... 
And other cosy, warm clotheses๐Ÿ˜‰ ...

Now, task (and poem๐Ÿ˜‰) are nearly done ...
No doubt a relief to you๐Ÿ˜‰ ...

So, soon,  I'll rest... 
Relax ... 
Kick back ...

And ... maybe ... 
A lebkuchen ... 
Or two...๐Ÿ˜‰

Ffion