THE LADY OF SITALOT - PART 2 (RE-VISITED)

THE LADY OF SITALOT - PART 2 (RE-VISITED)

(with some apologies to Alfred, Lord Tennyson)

To All My Dear Friends



She hath had her fill of doom and gloom😕 ...
Cards, poems, thrown around the room ...

For she hath been as one entombed ...
And now must she just quit this room ...

For she hath heard that in the town ...
There be a brand-new Shopping Mall🛍️ ...

So many things that must be bought ...
“And shall she buy them?”
“Yes, she shall”!😉

So, drifteth she ‘long the canal🛶 ...
And little other thought hath she ...

Than that which is mayhap banal:
“Hmm…. what may my first purchase be?😉

My poor lady Sitalot ...
For many years, so sick-alot ...

But now she spieth Camelot ...
And intendeth she to shop – ALOT!*

*Totally untrue, I have no intention of shopping a little, let alone alot😉... but who am I to stand in the way of a good rhyme...😉


Ffion