"WHO BUZZETH IN MINE EARS?" ...

"WHO BUZZETH IN MINE EARS?" ...

(With some apologies to Christopher Marlowe's "Dr. Faustus") ...

To All My Dear Friends ... And The Good Man ....












I've noted before,
The challenges of life ...
For those of us "living" (?) 🤔
With the dreaded M.E. ...

"Life" is reduced to 
Its absolute essence ...
Forget about "do-ing" ...
We just have to "be" ...

But, yesterday ...
Each time I lay down to rest ...
A pesky mosquito 
Dive-bombed my ear😐 ...

Hardly conducive to rest
Or relaxation ...
But extremely conducive 
To whiplash and fear😵...

So, yesterday ..
To my great relief ...
The Good Man 
FOUND the mozzie,
Near to my bed ...

And, with great derring-do ...
And bravery unrivalled😉 ...
He captured said mozzie ...
And killed it ...
Stone dead!😉

And, though I don't like killing, 
I just have to say ...
I'm relieved ....
And can now ...
Settle down to my day!!😉

Ffion