FOR MARILYN

Of Open Medicine Foundation


Marilyn is a dear, new friend,
Though we’ve not known each other long.
She’s in Southern California,
I’m in Wales, the Land of Song!

She’s with Open Medicine Foundation,
Working for people with FM and ME.
We have such hope in these good people.
Will they find a cure? We'll see!

Marilyn said: “It’s important to smile,
Vital to smile every day”.
“I do!”, I said, “I write funny poems!”
And I sent some winging her way.

“Ffion”, she said, “I love them!!
They are absolutely great!
You should publish them – you can be
Our OMF Poet Laureate!”

When she said this, I thought:
“She’s probably just being kind”.
My dear, near friends had said the same,
But, they do say, “Love is blind!”

So, Ffion Poetry Blog was created
By my lovely husband,
My tower of strength.

But then very soon,
I was flying solo,
Uploading poems…
Of width and length!

My Blog is my validation.
It makes me feel less unseen.
It gives me comfort and consolation
When life seems extremely mean.

When my global community read my poems,
It’s such a fabulous feeling.
A joy, a delight – yes, all of that, but….
Also a form of healing.

So, Marilyn, it’s thanks to you
My Poetry Blog got going.
One kind remark, and, from one little seed,
A Poetry Grove is growing!

THANK YOU

Ffion