TO DEB








I've known Deb
For many years.
She's seen me happy.
She's seen me in tears.

I don't see her often,
But it doesn't matter.
We always catch up
And have a good natter.

She's my beautician,
But so much more,
I feel welcome as soon as
I walk through the door.

She's always cheerful,
Bright, and breezy -
Talking to her
Is so very easy.

She's happy to let me
Chatter away
And, what's more,
She listens to what I say.

And she remembers because,
Next time I visit,
She'll ask: “ How's M.E.?
The same, is it?”

She'll ask how I am,
And how I've been.
More consultants
To be seen?

She'll ask about everything,
This and that -
“How's hubby?  Canal?
And how's the cat?”

We used to talk holidays,
Where we'd been,
Where we were going,
And places we'd seen.

We still talk about
Breaks and trips.
But these now refer 
To my problem hips!

She's kind, sympathetic
And I'm so glad -
I can tell her anything,
Even the bad.

So, thank you, Deb,
For being here.
I always appreciate
Your listening ear!*
*(well, both of them actually...!)

Ffion