FOR MOLLY ...

FOR MOLLY

To Kez













When I think of lovely Kez ...
Which I very often do ...
I visualise her extraordinary eyes ...
Of palest, glacial blue.

She was an Alaskan Malamute ...
And, oh, such a beauty ...
Such a cheerful, cheeky smile ...
She was just a cutie!

Kez’s coat of many colours ...
Molly groomed each day ...
Kez knew that she was beautiful ...
Her walk - a sashaying sway.

She was generally a quiet dog ...
Not for her the incessant bark ...
Or growl, or constant yapping ...
Of small dogs in the park.

Occasionally, she gave a “W-o-o-o-o-o-f!” ...
Very deep and low ...
She didn’t want to bark ...
She’d rather sleep
And dream ...
Of snow!

Ah…! And when we had the snow ...
Kez was so excited ...
She lay down ...
And rolled around ...
Deliriously delighted.

Molly came running out ...
To try to take her inside ...
But Kez took off like a rocket ...
Her snow-wish would not be denied!

And, then, when it was Christmas-time ...
Molly took her to be trimmed ...
Kez climbed into the window-display ...
Which, of course, then had to be binned!

“W-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-f….”, said Kez dejectedly ...
“W-o-o-o-o-f, I didn’t mean it”...
“Let’s sidle out”, said Molly ...
“Before we’re asked to clean it!”

I was looking forward ...
To seeing Kez once more ...
Smiling at passers-by ...
From her vantage-point ...
By the door.

Sadly, Kez has left us ...
But I’m so glad I met her ...
She had such charm ...
Such character ...
And I will not forget her.

Ffion